Mechanisms of inheritance编辑
Exceptions to simple inheritance编辑
Modifying and Regulator Genes编辑
Genetic Regulation of Development and Homeostasis编辑
- one member of a pair of genes that occupy a specific position on a specific chromosome
- chromosome that is not a sex chromosome
- threadlike strand of DNA and associated proteins in the nucleus of cells that carries the genes and functions in the transmission of heredity information
- 囊性纖維化（Cystic Fibrosis）
- recessive genetic disorder affecting the mucus lining of the lungs, leading to breathing problems and other difficulties
- 胎兒酒精症候群（Fetal Alcohol Syndrome）
- combination of birth defects resulting form high (sometimes low) alcohol consumption by the mother during pregnancy
- is a segment of nucleic acid that contains the information necessary to produce a functional product, usually a protein.
- is the science of genes, heredity, and the variation of organisms.
- complete set of genetic information of an organism including DNA and RNA
- actual set of genes an organism has. It is the blue print of gentic material.
- metabolic disorder that causes increased absorption of iron, which is deposited in the body tissues and organs; the iron accumulates in the body where it may become toxic and causes damage
- component of red blood cells that carries oxygen
- group of heredity disorders in which affected individuals fail to make
enough of certain proteins needed to form blood clots
- characteristics given to a child by a parent
- 基因修改（Modifying Gene）
- alters how other genes are expressed in the phenotype
Multifactorial Inheritance: trait or disorder determined by multiple genes and/or environmental effects
- organisms physical appearance
- trait whose expression is influenced by more than one gene
- 調節基因（Regulator Genes）
- initiate or block the expression of other genes.
- pertaining to a trait of a disorder determined by the sex chromosome in a persons cells or by the genes carried on those chromosomes
- 鐮狀細胞性貧血（Sickle Cell Anemia）
- recessive disorder in which red blood cells take on an unusual shape, leading to other problems with the blood
- to make using biochemical processes
Unifactorial Inheritance: trait or disorder determined by a single pair of genes
- cell formed by the union of male and female gametes. A Zygote is a cell that is the result of fertilization.