Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.
This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in one week if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. Jusjih (留言) 2009年4月3日 (五) 03:01 (UTC)
- (＋)支持--Wcam (留言) 2009年4月3日 (五) 03:08 (UTC)
- (＋)支持. It is quite odd that place the suggestion here; I think it is better placing the suggestion in talk page.--J.Wong 2009年4月3日 (五) 05:52 (UTC)
- m:Bot policy/Implementation提示在機器人申請頁面，或者無此頁面時，社群討論頁面提出此提議。在此建立機器人申請頁面，與百科、詞典、文庫、語錄風格更一致。--Jusjih (留言) 2009年4月4日 (六) 01:15 (UTC)
- 既然一星期沒有反對，就是同意。--Jusjih (留言) 2009年4月12日 (日) 19:39 (UTC)
Hello. The standard bot policy was updated to allow global bots, which are now technically possible. These are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots (the local policy or request page must explicitly allow them, or they won't get access on this wiki). The current requirements for global bots are:
- a global bot must only maintain interlanguage links or fix double-redirects;
- a global bot must have already been active on several wikis, with long-term contributions demonstrating its trustworthiness.
Does anyone object to allowing global bots on this wiki? I'll update the local policy in a week if there are no objections. Thanks. Jusjih (留言) 2009年4月3日 (五) 02:51 (UTC)